Wednesday 5 April 2017

Swimming pool

SWIMMING POOL

WALT:
  • Apply our knowledge of area and volume.
  • Creatively solve a mathematical problem.

Marc and I are planning on digging a swimming pool. We want the pool to fit in our section with a border of at least two metres on all sides. We want our pool to have a minimum area of 40m2.
Our back section is 10m wide and 15m long.
  1. What possible pool sizes could we have
10 by 8 meter pool, 8 by 13 meter pool.
  1. What is the largest pool that we could fit in our section?
The biggest pool you could fit would be the 8 by 13 meter pool.

If I want the pool to be 2m deep. What is the volume of the largest pool you have designed?
208㎥

If I wanted a composite shape pool, what designs could I use?

If my pool had a sloped bottom, what would the volume be?

If I had steps leading into my pool, what would the volume be?

No comments:

Post a Comment